Sunday, August 9, 2015

An Artistry Birthday Project

As I mentioned in another post, my hubby's birthday was recently and I just couldn't get the card right for him ... then I discovered the Artistry had a great font which I ended up using.

Also discovered a neat trick that I'll share with you ... I cut the wording out on my Cricut but before it came off the mat, I put some painter's tape over top and really burnished it hard against the cuts.  Then very carefully, I lifted it off the mat, and in the end, all the letters were on the painter's tape exactly how I wanted to place them on the card.  Then I moved the tape to the card and burnished it down onto the card.  I didn't take any photos unfortunately so hopefully you get what I'm meaning.  In a nutshell, I essentially used the painter's tape as transfer tape, if you're familiar with using vinyl in your Cricut.



The running shoes were a sports font I got from dafont.com, as is the runner silhouette.  I also used some assorted washi tape and sequins and Glitter Glitz glue (sadly retired).

On the inside of the card, I used the Artiste cartridge and cut out a gift card holder.  Oh and I also used the Dot embossing folder to emboss the front and part of the gift card holder as well.



It was a fun card to put together!

Have a grand day!

No comments:

Post a Comment