Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Bird Crazy

Well my lucky upline got to go to Convention and she was kind enough to let me paw through all her goodies when she got back - so excited about all the new product coming in the new catalogue but more on that in another post!

One non-CTMH thing that she brought back for me was Bird Crazy which I have been coveting forever and which she was fortunate enough to find in her travels.

So while I wait (im)patiently for the new Cricut cartridge which I cannot wait to play with, I had some fun with these stamps when I got home - first I tried using water colour pencils and I apparently need a LOT of practice and threw those attempts out!  Then I moved onto familiar territory and used our wonderful CTMH inks and put some ink onto an acrylic block and with a water pen and had some fun ... here is the result  ... I used the Operation Smile, Happy Everything, stamp set for the sentiment and balloon and of course the bird is from Bird Crazy. 

One thing I did discover with my 3 attempts, I used Stazon Black with my first attempt which was great, I used Memento Black ink which ran/bled so will not use again for this type of project and for this one, I used Versafine Black and it was perfect!  Note to self, it is totally ok to experiment - I have a hard time with that sometimes!

[Note, if you are colouring with our fabulous ShinHan markers which are alcohol based, or any other alcohol based markers (ie Copic), do not ever use Stazon with them.  Apparently bad things will happen!]


Hope you are having a lovely sunshiny day!



No comments:

Post a Comment