Sunday, October 7, 2012

Flakey Friends

Happy Thanksgiving!

In Canada, it is our Thanksgiving Day long weekend but the weather has been so phenomenal and it sure doesn't feel like Thanksgiving!  It doesn't help that we just got back from Kaua'i either - still in summer mode!

But the turkey is cooking and filling the house with delicious smells and everything else is prepped and ready to go!  Missing my daughter but thankful she is in such a good place at school.

Got into the craft room finally and worked with a new set that I hadn't used before - Flakey Friends.  I've loved snow people forever so when I saw this set, it had to join my collection.




I stamped the snowman with Versamark and then embossed with black embossing powder (note to self, remember to use the embossing buddy first - I always forget!!).  

I coloured the scarf and nose with Outdoor Denim and Autumn Terracotta markers and a Copic colour for the main body.  

The background circle was cut with the Artiste cartridge (pg 31, Accent 2, cut at 2-1/2").  

The background snowflakes were stamped with Indian Corn Blue, Twilight and Pacifica inks.  

The background embossing is from a Tim Holz embossing folder and the blue paper is miscellaneous paper I'm trying to use up!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment