Sunday, September 2, 2012

Burlap Flower Birthday

I saw this youtube from Mandy Leahy yesterday and wanted to try making the flower - also wanted to make a birthday card so it was a good project to pull together.



The flower came together quite quickly using the Burlap Ribbon as did the whole card really and I got to use my hot glue gun which hasn't seen action in a long while ... the background ribbons are cut from Kudos, one of the 3 stamp sets that came with the Artiste cartridge, colours are Cranberry and I'll have to check which blue but I think Indian Corn Blue (will update once I've confirmed).  The Happy Birthday was stamped with Versamark onto white paper and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  Then I stamped the rest of it, using the Cranberry ink and using the stamp set that came with the Art Philosophy cartridge. I rubbed off the ink from the embossed Happy Birthday with a cloth so that it showed up. I used a sturdy Kraft paper for the card base since the flower is a bit heavier than usual.  Also attached the flower to the card with the hot glue.  This worked for me, since I will be hand-delivering this card.

It is wonderful that the stamp sets tell you what size to cut on the Cricut and the Artiste stamp sets also include the page numbers which is wonderful!  Like most people, I only have limited time to craft so anything that can speed things up a bit, is a great thing!

Hope your day is going well - let me know if I can help you with any of your crafting needs or if you want to learn a new technique - I'm always up for a challenge :)  And if you are visiting, leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment